Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS) Visa Subclass 186
The Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS) Subclass 186 Visa allows Australian employers to sponsor employees who are foreign nationals for a permanent visa to work in Australia (Direct Entry Stream).
This visa is for Australian employers who want to sponsor highly skilled workers for a permanent visa to work in their business. The employee can be either a highly skilled worker from overseas or a highly skilled temporary resident currently in Australia who holds a Subclass 457 or Subclass 482 visa.
Who is eligible for the Employer Nomination Scheme?
Visa applicants who currently are in or outside of Australia and have a prospective sponsor can apply for sponsored 186 Visa.
What are the Employer and Position Requirements for the Employer Nomination Scheme?
To participate in the Employer Nomination Scheme, the employer must:
- be actively and lawfully operating a business in Australia
- have a genuine need for a paid employee to fill a position in their business
- follow all relevant Australian laws and have a satisfactory record of meeting immigration laws (if applicable)
- have met training benchmark requirement
- provide the employee with an offer of permanent employment
The nominated position must meet the following requirements:
- be full-time, ongoing and available for at least 2 years
- provide working conditions that are no less favourable than provided for under the relevant Australian legislation and awards
- be a highly skilled occupation that is on the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL) and it must meet the minimum salary level for ENS.
Temporary Residence Transition stream
If you have worked for the nominating employer for the past three years as a holder of a Subclass 457/482 visa you may be eligible for this stream.
Benefits of an Employer Nomination Scheme Sponsored Visa
This visa allows you and any dependent family members included in your visa application to live as permanent residents in Australia.
Nomination and Visa Charges can be found here.
All Employer Sponsored Working Visas
The Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS) Subclass 187 allows employers in regional or low population growth areas of Australia, to sponsor employees who are foreign nationals for a permanent visa to work in Australia.read more
The Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS) Subclass 186 Visa allows Australian employers to sponsor employees who are foreign nationals for a permanent visa to work in Australia (Direct Entry Stream).read more
Before you can apply for a TSS visa, your proposed employer will need to lodge a nomination application for you. They will only be able to do this if they are an approved sponsor or have at least lodged an application to become a standard business sponsor. If your employer is still an approved 457 sponsor then they can sponsor you for a TSS (Subclass 482) under that existing sponsorship.read more