Australian General Skilled Migration GSM Visas

General Skilled Migration (GSM) Visas

In Australia, there are a range of visa options available for skilled people who are interested in living in working in the country. These are known as General Skilled Migration (GSM) Visas.


For skilled applicants who do not currently have an Australian employer who will sponsor them for a visa, then these visa subclasses may be appropriate.


For GSM Visas there are both temporary and permanent options available, each with varying eligibility criteria.

Temporary Graduate Visa Subclass 485

The Temporary Graduate Subclass 485 Visa is a temporary visa for International students, who have recently graduated from an Australian educational institution.

Skilled Independent Visa Subclass 189

The Skilled Independent Visa Subclass 189 is a permanent visa which allows skilled workers to live in Australia.

Skilled Nomination Visa Subclass 190

The Skilled Nomination Visa Subclass 190 is a permanent visa, which allows skilled workers to live in Australia, based on nomination by an Australian State or Territory Government.

Skilled Regional Visa Subclass 489

The Skilled Regional Visa allows skilled workers to live and work in a specific regional area of Australia for up to 4 years.

Skilled Recognised Graduate Visa Subclass 476

The Skilled Recognised Graduate Visa (Subclass 476) is a temporary visa which allows recent engineering graduates, from recognised and eligible Universities and Institutions, to attain up to 18 months of skilled work experience.


For information on Employer Sponsored Visas, please visit this section.

How can we help you?

Contact us at the Amalsa head office or submit an enquiry online.

I want to say thank you to Elizabeth and Enrico for their help and support!! We had a fantastic and professional service! I would highly recommend them to anyone that need serious and well prepared migration agents! The World should be full of people like you!! You are great!


Looking for a top Migration Agent Consultant in Australia?