Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional (Provisional) Visa Subclass 494
The Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional (Provisional) Visa Subclass 494 was introduced by the Department of Home Affairs (DHA) on 16th November, 2019, replacing previous visa Subclass 187. This visa allows skilled workers to live and work in a designated regional area of Australia for up to 5 years.
What this the Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional Visa allows you to do:
The Subclass 494 visa provides the holder with temporary residency in Australia, with conditions.
- The holder can live, work and study in a specified region of Australia for 5 years from the visa grant date
- The holder can travel freely to and from Australia while the visa is valid
- The holder may have the opportunity to apply for permanent residency through the Permanent Residence Skilled Regional Visa Subclass 191, which will commence on 16 November 2022.
How do I qualify for a Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional Subclass 494 Visa?
To be eligible to apply for the Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional Visa, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Meet 65 points in the points test
- Be nominated by an employer to work in an occupation on the Skilled Occupation List, OR be nominated to work in a specific occupation
- Have at least 3 years work experience in your nominated position
- Complete a positive Skills Assessment test
- Demonstrate minimum ‘competent’ English language ability
- Be less than 45 years of age
- Meet health and character requirements
How do I apply for a Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional Subclass 494 Visa?
Employer Sponsored Stream
To be eligible to apply for a Subclass 494 Visa applicants must first be nominated by an employer, whose business is lawfully operating in Australia.
Before the visa application can be lodged, the eligible employer must first either be an approved work sponsor, or successfully lodge a nomination application.
Labour Agreement Stream
Potential applicants can also be nominated for an occupation which is the subject of a labour agreement between the Commonwealth and the nominator.
Nomination and Visa Charges can be found here.
All Employer Sponsored Working Visas
The Training Subclass 407 Visa is a temporary visa for those who wish to undertake workplace based occupational training or professional development in Australia. This visa allows the holder to improve their skills in their current occupation, area of tertiary study or field of expertise.read more
The Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional (Provisional) Visa Subclass 494 visa allows skilled workers to live and work in a designated regional area of Australia for up to 5 years.read more
The Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS) Subclass 186 Visa allows Australian employers to sponsor employees who are foreign nationals for a permanent visa to work in Australia (Direct Entry Stream).read more