Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS) Visa Subclass 187
The Regional Skilled Migration Scheme can provide a permanent visa for people who are nominated for a job in a regional area of Australia.
This visa is available for employees nominated by employers operating in regional, remote or low population growth areas of Australia, who have nominated skilled workers to fill skilled vacancies in their business. This visa entitles the holder to a three year provisional residence in Australia. Holders of this visa are permitted to apply for a permanent visa after they have lived for two years and worked for at least one year in a Specified Regional Area.
The criteria for the employees is either of the following:
- skilled workers from overseas
- skilled workers temporarily residing in Australia
and also meets the following criteria:
- meets the age and language requirements.
- meets the skills requirements and be holding a Trade Qualification or Diploma.
- has an employer that is willing to sponsor them for this visa
A Regional Certifying Body assesses the nomination application lodged by the employer against specific criteria and must certify that the position is in high demand in the regional area.
This visa allows you and your accompanying family members to:
- live and work permanently in Australia
- study in Australia
- apply for Australian citizenship
- claim healthcare which is subsidized under the Australian Medicare System and the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (PBS)
- apply for applicable social security payments
- sponsor people for permanent residence
All Employer Sponsored Working Visas
The Regional Skilled Migration Scheme can provide a permanent visa for people who are nominated for a job in a regional area of Australia.read more
The Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS) Subclass 186 Visa allows Australian employers to sponsor employees who are foreign nationals for a permanent visa to work in Australia (Direct Entry Stream).read more