Business Talent – Venture Capital Entrepreneur Stream Subclass 132
The Venture Capital Entrepreneur Stream is a Permanent Residency Visa for applicants who have sourced venture capital funding of at least $AU1m from a member of The Private Equity Australian Venture Capital Association Limited.
Applicants must also be nominated by a State or Territory Government and satisfy the usual health and character criteria.
How do I qualify for the Venture Capital Entrepreneur Subclass 132 Visa?
To be eligible to apply for this visa, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants have entered into a legal agreement with an Australian company (who is a member of The Private Equity and Venture Capital Association) to receive at least $1m in venture capital funding for:
- An early phase start-up of an Australian business
- The commercialization of a product in Australia
- Development of an Australian business
- Expansion of an Australian business
- Be nominated by an Australian State or Territory Government agency, who are satisfied that the net value of your business and personal assets are sufficient enough to allow the applicant to settle in Australia
- Demonstrate a genuine and realistic commitment to:
- Establishing or participating in an eligible business in Australia
- Maintaining a substantial ownership interest and direct and continuous active involvement in the business
- No history of involvement in business or investment activities that are generally not acceptable in Australia
- The applicant and accompanying family members must meet standard health and character criteria
What this visa will allow you to do:
- Work and study in Australia, indefinitely
- Bring immediate family members, who may also work and study
- Enroll in Medicare
- Sponsor eligible relatives for migration
- Travel to and from Australia for the 5 year life of the initial visa
How do I apply for the Venture Capital Entrepreneur Subclass 132 Visa?
Applicants must first be nominated by an Australian State or Territory Government. Note that each State or Territory Government may have various requirements.
Applicants then need to lodge an Expression of Interest (EOI) with the Australian Immigration department, and will then be invited to apply for the visa.
The government charges for visa applications can be found at: http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa/Fees
All Business & Investment Visas
The Venture Capital Entrepreneur Stream is a Permanent Residency Visa for applicants who have sourced venture capital funding of at least $AU1m from a member of The Private Equity Australian Venture Capital Association Limited.read more
The Significant Business History Stream Visa is a Permanent Residency Visa for business owners or part owners wishing to do business in Australia and willing to make a business investment of $AU1.5m to $5m or higher.read more