Entrepreneur Stream Subclass 188E
The Entrepreneur Stream 188E Visa is a temporary visa for applicants who are willing to make an ongoing investment commitment in Australia, starting with a business investment of $AU1.5m into government bonds for 4 years.
Applicants must also be nominated by a State or Territory Government and satisfy the usual health and character criteria.
How do I qualify for the Entrepreneur Stream Subclass 188E Visa?
To be eligible to apply for this visa, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Not be aged over 55 at the time of invitation to apply for the visa or are proposing to establish or participate in business or investment activity deemed of exceptional economic benefit by the nominating State or Territory Government
- Be nominated by an Australian State or Territory Government agency, who are satisfied that the net value of your business and personal assets are sufficient enough to allow the applicant to settle in Australia
- Are able to demonstrate Competent English ability at the time of the invitation
- Are undertaking or proposing to undertaker complying entrepreneur activity, to the value of at least $AU200,000 with the genuine intention to continue doing so in accordance with the agreements entered into for the visa
- No history of involvement in business or investment activities that are generally not acceptable in Australia
- The applicant and accompanying family members must meet standard health and character criteria
What this visa will allow you to do:
- Invest in a government bond with the nominating State or Territory government
- Establish or invest in an existing business in Australia
- Work and study in Australia, for the life of the visa (4 years)
- Bring immediate family members, who may also work and study
- Travel to and from Australia for the life of the visa (4 years)
- Be eligible to apply for Permanent residency, through the Subclass 888 Visa after the 4 years if select criteria are met
How do I apply for the Entrepreneur Stream Subclass 188E Visa?
Applicants must first be nominated by an Australian State or Territory Government. Note that each State or Territory Government may have various requirements.
Applicants then need to lodge an Expression of Interest (EOI) with the Australian Immigration department, and will then be invited to apply for the visa.
If the visa is granted, holders will be eligible to apply for permanent residency through the Subclass 888 Visa after the 4 years if select criteria are met.
How do I qualify for the Permanent Residence Subclass 888 Visa?
Before being eligible to apply for the Permanent Residence subclass 888 visa, applicants must have been in Australia as a holder of a 188A visa(s) for a total period of at least 2 of the 4 years before applying.
Applicants must also:
- have had or continue to have an ownership interest in at least 1 actively operating the main business in Australia during these 2 years
- Meet 2 of the following 3 criteria, unless exceptional circumstances apply, in the 12 months prior to applying for permanent residency:
- You (or your spouse or de facto partner together) held/hold assets in an Australian business(es) of at least $AU200,000
- You (or your spouse or de facto partner together) held/hold assets in an Australian business(es) combined with personal assets of at least $AU600,000
- Your Australian business(es) have at least 2 full time employees
- The applicants Australian business(es) must also have had a turnover of at least $AU300,000 in 12 months prior to applying for permanent residency
- Continue to demonstrate that no history of involvement in business or investment activities that are generally not acceptable in Australia
- The nominating Australian State or Territory has not withdrawn the application
- You (and your spouse or de facto partner) have a satisfactory record of compliance with Commonwealth laws and in the place in Australia where the business is held, including laws relating to taxation, superannuation and workplace relations
The government charges for visa applications can be found at: http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa/Fees
All Business & Investment Visas
The Venture Capital Entrepreneur Stream is a Permanent Residency Visa for applicants who have sourced venture capital funding of at least $AU1m from a member of The Private Equity Australian Venture Capital Association Limited.read more
The Significant Business History Stream Visa is a Permanent Residency Visa for business owners or part owners wishing to do business in Australia and willing to make a business investment of $AU1.5m to $5m or higher.read more