Australian Visas

Visas are a legal form of document that gives a person permission to enter a country different than their own country of citizenship, or passing through a foreign country.

To obtain an Australian visa, you must first determine what kind of visa that you are eligible to apply for (whether an Employer Sponsored Visa, Student Visa, Partner Visa etc) before applying.

It is important that you understand the full costs and process involved with applying for an Australian Visa, which is why we recommend using an experienced and registered migration agency, such as AMALSA, to ensure you have greater chances of a successful application and that your money is also well spent.

For more information on each visa type or subclass, please click the headers or individual visa links below, or feel free to contact us to arrange an appointment to discuss.

We also recommend visiting our FAQs page for general information.

Australian Employer Sponsored Working Visas

Employer Sponsored Working Visas

For people looking to live and work in Australia, there are several forms of working visas available, each with their own set of conditions and restrictions.

Some of these visas can be a pathway for acquiring permanent residence status in Australia, through either the Employment Nomination Scheme (ENS) or the Regional Skilled Migration Scheme (RSMS).

Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS) Visa Subclass 187

The Regional Skilled Migration Scheme can provide a permanent visa for people who are nominated for a job in a regional area of Australia.

read more
Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS) Visa Subclass 186

The Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS) Subclass 186 Visa allows Australian employers to sponsor employees who are foreign nationals for a permanent visa to work in Australia (Direct Entry Stream).

read more
Temporary Skill Shortage Visa Subclass 482

This temporary visa lets an employer sponsor a suitably skilled worker to fill a position they can’t find a suitably skilled Australian to fill.

read more
Australian General Skilled Migration GSM Visas

General Skilled Migration (GSM) Visas

In Australia, there are a range of visa options available for skilled people who are interested in living in working in the country. These are known as General Skilled Migration (GSM) Visas.

For skilled applicants who do not currently have an Australian employer who will sponsor them for a visa, then these visa subclasses may be appropriate.

For GSM Visas there are both temporary and permanent options available, each with varying eligibility criteria.

Skilled Sponsored Visa Subclass 190

Australian State & Territory Governments can sponsor highly skilled professionals under the Skilled Nominated (Subclass 190) Visa. State nomination can help you in meeting the requirements and eligibility under the current points system.

read more
Skilled Independent Visa Subclass 189

The skilled independent visa (subclass 189) is a permanent point based visa for skilled workers who are not sponsored by an employer, state or territory or a family member.

read more
General Skilled Migration (GSM) Visas

The Australian General Skilled Migration Program (GSM) is implemented though a partnership between the Australian government and the industry and it’s designed for professionals who have skills in a particular occupation required in Australia.

read more
Australian Business and Investor Visas

Business and Investor Visas

For people with a successful background in investment or business ownership, there is a range of visas available for those wishing to move to Australia.

Business and Investor Visas

The Australian Business Visa Program provides opportunities for successful business owners, investors and senior executives to settle in Australia with their family while developing new or existing opportunities in the Australian business market.

read more
Australian Partner Visas

Partner Visas

AMALSA can assist with visa applications for all relevant partner and spouse visa subclasses, including Prospective Marriage Visas, Spouse Visas and De Facto Partner Visas.

De-Facto Relationship Visa

To be able to apply for an Australian Partner Visa through the De-Facto Relationship Visa Stream you must be in a relationship with an Australian citizen, eligible New Zealand citizen or with a permanent Australian resident.

read more
Prospective Marriage Visas

This visa allows you to enter Australia and marry your prospective fiancé in the 9 month period while the visa is valid. After the marriage you will be eligible to apply for a partner visa in Australia.

read more
Partner Visa – Marriage Visa

To be able to apply for an Australian Partner Visa you must be either married or in a de facto relationship with your partner at the time when you apply.

read more
Australian Student Visas
Student Visa

Australia has a great quality higher education system offering a wide range of highly regarded and internationally recognised graduate and post-graduate courses. This makes Australia a popular destination for international students seeking quality education.

read more
Australian Family and Parent Visas

Family Visas

The Department of Home Affairs (DHA) offers a variety of visa subclasses subject to different criteria, which are made available to family members of permanent residents, Australian citizens and eligible New Zealand citizens.

If you have family members (child, partner, parent, brother, sister, grandparent, aunt, grandchild, uncle, niece, nephew or step relative) in Australia and you want to immigrate there, you can apply for one of the few Australian Family visas, but your Australian relative (Australian citizen, eligible New Zealand citizen or permanent resident) must be your sponsor in all cases.

Apart from being sponsored by a family member in Australia, the general requirement for most family visas are that you must meet the health and character criteria.

You are released from the usual required skills test for the Business and General skilled migrants and excessive knowledge of the English language.

Depending on the relation with your relative in Australia and the type of visa you wish to apply for you must lodge the appropriate supporting documents. Most Family visa applications can be lodged in or out of Australia.

Based on your current circumstances there are various types of permanent visas that you can apply for, including:

Remaining Relative Visa

Remaining near relatives (family members) to an Australian permanent resident, Australian citizen or eligible New Zealand citizen who lives in Australia, can migrate to Australia and apply for a Remaining Relative Visa.

read more
Aged Parent Visa

This visa is for aged parents (parents older than 65 years) who have a child that lives in Australia and is a permanent resident, Australian citizen or eligible New Zealand citizen. The aged parent can apply for permanent Aged Parent Visa. This visa requires the child to be the sponsor of the parent.

read more
Parent Visas

Migration to Australia under Parent Visas can be done in a few different ways, to accommodate different circumstances and cases.

read more

Other Services

Australian Visa Appeals

Visa Appeals

If a Visa is refused or canceled, in most circumstances applicants are able to lodge an appeal to the Department of Home Affairs (DHA) decision.

As of 1st July 2015, the Administrative Appeals Tribunal (AAT) is the single body responsible for hearing migration appeals.

Visit the link in the header above to find out more information, or contact us for an appointment to discuss.

Visa Eligibility Assessment

Visa Eligibility Assessment

The assessment takes only a few minutes to complete. It is a step by step process and you will receive your results almost instantly.

Visit the link in the header above to take the assessment, or contact us for an appointment to discuss.

Looking for a top Migration Agent Consultant in Australia?