Understanding the Skilled Occupation Lists (SOL) for Australian Visas 2019 – 2020
- December 16, 2019
- Posted by: amalsa
- Category: News
In Australia, there are a number of different visa pathways available for individuals who are qualified to work or train in an eligible skilled occupation.
These visas include:
- Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS) visa (subclass 186)
- Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional (Provisional) Visa Subclass 494
- Skilled Independent visa (subclass 189) – Points-tested stream
- Skilled Nominated visa (subclass 190)
- Training visa (subclass 407)
- Temporary Skill Shortage (TSS) visa (subclass 482)
- Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485) – Graduate Work
Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) Visa Subclass 491
The approved occupations included on the Skilled Occupation List are regularly reviewed by the Department, to ensure that they are relevant to the needs of the Australian labour market.
There are various occupations lists, with different conditions and available occupations depending on the Visa you are applying for and your own individual circumstances:
- Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)
- Short-term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL)
Regional Occupation List (ROL) or
- Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS)
Applications will also require completing a skills assessment to prove your competency in your selected occupation. These assessments are carried out by various independent agencies, and there will be additional costs and application processes for this service.
Please check out the Combined Current List of Eligible Skilled Occupations, which also includes the relevant skills list and assessing authorities as well as any potential caveats.
How AMALSA can help
At AMALSA our experienced team of registered migration agents can help you to assess your own individual circumstances and skills to help you properly understand the visa application process and to determine which visa would be most appropriate for you. We can then help to guide you through the entire process, included gathering all of the required documentation and evidence as well as helping you to enrol and complete a relevant skills assessment. To organise an initial consultation to discuss your options please either contact us or call us today at 1300 799 840 .