Working Holiday Visa
The Working Holiday Visa is a temporary employment visa that allows young people to experience life in Australia by having an extended holiday supplemented by short-term employment and studying. Applicants that are granted this visa are allowed to stay in Australia for 12 months and work in the same job for up to 6 months.
To be eligible to apply for this visa you must:
- be between the ages of 18-30 at the time of the application
- have a passport from a county that is participating in the Working Holiday Program
- have sufficient funds to purchase a return airfare ticket as well as support your trip (AUD5000 are generally regarded sufficient)
- complete a required health examination
With the Working Holiday Visa you cannot be accompanied by a dependent child at any time during your stay in Australia.
Holders of a Working Holiday Visa are allowed to:
- enter Australia and stay up to 12 months
- enter and re-enter any number of times within that period
- work at any job for up to 6 months with any one employer (you can work for another 6 moths for a different employer)
- study for up to 4 months
You can extend your stay by applying for a Second Working Holiday Visa. However, you must have completed at least 3 months of specific work in regional Australia to be eligible to apply.