Post Graduate Visa

This Post Graduate Research Visa sub class 574 is designed for international students who wish to study a Masters degree by research or a Doctoral degree as a continuance of their previous studies overseas or in Australia.

With this visa:

  • You can study in Australia Doctoral degree or Masters Degree by research.
  • You can include your dependent family members on the visa application.
  • You can work without limitations after you have started your course of studies.
  • Your family members included on your visa can work without limitations once you have started your Masters by research or Doctoral studies.
  • Your partner can also study in Australia for up to three months.

The Post Graduate Research Visa allows unlimited entries to Australia for the duration of the visa, and you must be covered by Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for the entire period you are holding the visa.

To be eligible to apply for this visa you must meet the following specific requirements:

Be accepted for full time studies

You must be accepted for full-time study in a registered course or part of a registered course within the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS). You must provide proof of acceptance with either your letter of offer or Confirmation of Enrolment from the university at the time of your application.

Genuine temporary entrant

Your personal circumstances must demonstrate that you intend to stay in Australia temporarily. The factors that are considered are personal circumstances in your own country and in Australia, immigration history, relevance of the course for your future and other matters relevant to your intentions to stay in Australia temporarily. In other words, you must provide a sufficient proof that you intend to return back to your home country after you have finished your Masters or Doctoral degree.

Financial and health requirements

You must have enough money to cover travel costs, tuition and living expenses for yourself, your partner and any dependent children for the duration of your stay in Australia. You can find more details about the financial requirements here.

You must also undergo a health examination and maintain health insurance for you and your family members while in Australia.

English language skills

You must provide evidence of your English language skills (based on your Assessment level and the level of English Language that the institution you are enrolling to is requiring).

Academic records and history

If you are applying for your first student visa, you must provide your academic records from your previous (Bachelor Degree or Higher Education) studies to show that you have successfully completed an undergraduate degree or equivalent.

If you are applying for a second, subsequent student visa, you must provide academic reports and previous records of attendance to show that you satisfy the course requirements.

Character & Australian Values

This is a basic requirement for each temporary or permanent visa. You must be of good character, with no police records in any of the previous countries you have lived in.

Also, you must declare and sign an Australian Values Statement, which obligates you to obey the laws in Australia and follow Australian recognised values.

All Student Visas Applications

Post Graduate Visa

This is a basic requirement for each temporary or permanent visa. You must be of good character, with no police records in any of the previous countries you have lived in.

read more
Higher Education Visa

Australia has a great quality higher education system offering a wide range of highly regarded and internationally recognised graduate and post-graduate courses.

read more

ELICOS (English Language Intensive Courses for Overseas Students) is designed for international students who want to complete accelerated English courses in Australia.

read more
Student Visas

Obtaining an Australian Student Visa can provide you with many benefits. Besides the valuable knowledge from Australian Education Institutions and Improving your …

read more
How can we help you?

Contact us at the Amalsa head office or submit an enquiry online.

These people treat their clients as their sons, very friendly and patient to answer all my questions and make sure all my requests were satisfied. Very reasonable prices too. Thank you very much


Looking for a First-Class Migration Agents Consultant?