Pastry Chef– Hotel – Mt Buller
Calling all snow lovers! We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Sous Chef to join the team at one of Mt Buller’s most iconic hotels for the upcoming snow season. Incorporating three food and beverage outlets, as Sous Chef you will be assisting the Head Chef in all aspects of kitchen operations to ensure the smooth running of the business during this peak period. While this is a challenging role, you will be rewarded with a complimentary lift pass for the season , free ski/snowboard lessons and accommodation as part of the package.
The key responsibilities of this role are to assist the Head Chef in all aspects of kitchen management. It is of the utmost importance that all outlets are running at optimum levels to maximise yield. While monitoring the day-to-day operations of the kitchen, you will need to ensure that all business practices are adhered to, including Food Handling regulations.
As the successful candidates you will demonstrate:
- Applicable trade qualifications and accreditations
- Previous experience within and managing a multi-faceted, fast paced venue
- Ability to manage ordering, including stock levels, budgets and suppliers
- Proficiency in all aspects of food safety, including HACCAP
- Experience managing a team, rostering and strong leadership skills
- Positive communication skills, energy and attitude
- A passion for customer service
In return for your hard work and commitment, our client is offering the below package;
- Generous remuneration
- Complimentary lift pass for the snow season
- Free ski/snowboard lessons
- 10% off a variety of retail and hospitality outlets within the village